The USDA’s Farm Service Agency announced that signup for the Conservation Reserve Program will begin on December ninth. The signup period ends on February 28th for general CRP, while the signup for continuous CRP […]
AG Central News!
North Dakota farmers still trying to harvest corn and soybeans are being reminded that time is running out to file a notice of loss with their insurance provider and request more time to harvest. […]
The National Milk Producers Federation announced a settlement agreement that would end a class-action lawsuit concerning the Herd Retirement Program that ended back in 2010. The program was administered through the federation’s Cooperatives Working […]
Information courtesy of the NFU Recognizing the high levels of stress affecting America’s farmers and ranchers, Farm Credit, American Farm Bureau Federation and National Farmers Union have partnered on a program to train […]
Wisconsin Representative Ron Kind sent a letter of Ag Secretary Sonny Perdue demanding that he have a plan to provide certainty and support for family farms amidst the trade talks with China. Kind points […]
TODAY: BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGH: LOW 20S, BUT WITH A WIND CHILL. SOUTH BREEZE 10 TO 20 MPH. TONIGHT: CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG TOMORROW MORNING. LOW: MID TEENS. SATURDAY: MOSTLY CLOUDY, BREEZY AND MILD. […]
Grain elevators face significant challenges in the year ahead as they buy basis on corn, soybeans and wheat at the highest levels seen in years, according to a new report. CoBank reports basis […]
Courtesy of the NCBA WASHINGTON (Dec. 4, 2019) – National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) President Jennifer Houston today issued the following statement in response to Japan’s final approval of a trade deal that […]
The federal government this week released banking guidance for the finance industry related to hemp producers. The American Bankers Association says the guidance makes clear that banks are not required to file Suspicious […]
Market analyst Ed Czerwien with his weekly feeder cattle report.
- Dec. 10 is RMA Notice of Loss Deadline for FarmersAgriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring is reminding farmers with federal crop insurance that Dec.
- Podcast Interviews Regenerative Ag Pioneer on World Soil DayFor World Soil Day today, General Mills has posted an interview with Gabe Brown, a pioneer in soil health and the regenerative agriculture movement.
- LiDAR Startup Investments by Automotive Giants Prompt Robust GrowthThe "LiDAR Market by Type (Mechanical, Solid-state), Installation Type, Service (Aerial Surveying, GIS services), Application (Corridor Mapping, Environment, Engineering, ADAS & Driverless Cars), Component, Range, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.
- MDA's Final Emerging Farmers Listening Session ApproachesThe final listening session of the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's (MDA) Emerging Farmers Working Group offers another opportunity for beginning and potential farmers to describe the barriers they face and possible solutions to overcome them.
- Businesses Move Blockchain Initiative Forward Under CovantisADM, Bunge, Cargill, COFCO International, Louis Dreyfus Company and Glencore Agriculture, founding members of an industry-wide initiative to modernize global trade operations, have announced a new project name: Covantis.
- Underground Answers - from EarthwormsAs the world waxes warmer, scientists are scrambling to prioritize conservation efforts.
- Fort Sisseton to Celebrate a Frontier ChristmasGet in the holiday spirit at Fort Sisseton Historic State Park's annual Frontier Christmas Dec.
- 4-H Volunteer and Shooting Sports Hall of Famers RecognizedEleven individuals were recognized for their volunteer service to the South Dakota 4-H.
- New Farm & Ranch Director Named to 30 Under 30 in AgKaden Eisenbraun, Western Dakota Tech's new Farm & Ranch Management Program director, has been named one of AgGrad's inaugural 30 Under 30 in Agriculture for 2019! AgGrad is a national online resource, for those seeking careers in agriculture, based in Idaho.