(WASHINGTON, October 18, 2018) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today announced the signing of a joint agency formal agreement (PDF, 579 KB) […]
AG Central News!
A White House adviser says the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement is a model for future trade agreements. USMCA will replace the North American Free Trade Agreement, if approved. Kevin Hassett, chairman of the White House Council […]
House Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway remains determined to finish the farm bill this year. During an event in Omaha, Nebraska, Conaway told DTN “there’s plenty of motivation for the four of us to get […]
Year-round E15 sales will have a limited ethanol market impact, according to analysts. President Donald Trump recently announced a directive to move towards year-round E15 sales, and industry analysts say that would have a […]
A letter by the National Biodiesel Board asks the Environmental Protection Agency to fully account for small refinery exemptions in the annual Renewable Fuel Standard rules. Specifically, the letter addresses EPA acting administrator Andrew […]
More than 65,000 FFA members and guests from across the U.S., representing all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, are expected to attend the National FFA Convention & Expo. Held in […]
A 2015 rule that expands the federal government’s control over private land nationwide should be vacated in its entirety, according to a coalition challenging the rule. Attorneys made the argument against the Waters of […]
USDA Announces Pink Bollworm Eradication Significantly Saving Cotton Farmers in Yearly Control Costs
WASHINGTON, Oct. 19, 2018 — U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced today that U.S. cotton is free — after more than 100 years — of the devastating pink bollworm. This pest has cost U.S. producers […]
An ethanol coalition has filed suit against the Environmental Protection Agency in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. The Renewable Fuels Association, the American Coalition for Ethanol, National Corn Growers, and the […]
American producers are suffering from dizziness, thanks to the back-and-forth headlines regarding the U.S.-China trade dispute. Tuesday, the Trump Administration announced it was moving ahead with plans for protecting intellectual U.S. property. Politico […]
- NDFU Publishes 'Our Family Farm' Children's BookNorth Dakota Farmers Union (NDFU) has released a children's book, Our Family Farm, to tell the story of family farm agriculture.
- Possible Case of Acute Flaccid Myelitis Reported in N.D.The North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH) is investigating a report of acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) in a North Dakota child.
- Farmers Union Insurance Helps Fund Suicide HotlineFirstLink, which maintains the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for the state of North Dakota, announced that Farmers Union Insurance (FUI) has donated $20,000 to help the nonprofit continue its services to North Dakotans who are at risk of suicide.
- USAID Grants $60 Million for Co-op DevelopmentThe U.
- Know Where and When to Apply Fall Nitrogen FertilizerAccording to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA), the recent cold-weather snap has cooled soil temperatures quickly in the northern regions of the state to the point where it may be safe to apply fall fertilizer.
- Report: Online Grocery Sales to Quadruple by 2023Online sales of groceries more than tripled between 2013 and 2018, according to market research firm Packaged Facts in the brand new report Online Grocery Shopping in the U.
- Welding Apprenticeship Meeting Oct. 30The Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) will host two meetings about creating a welding Registered Apprenticeship on Oct.
- CHS Foundation and LATI Partner in Precision Ag Sim LabThe CHS Foundation, funded by charitable gifts from CHS Inc.
- Be Careful Grazing the Green This FallThis fall, South Dakota livestock producers need to be careful when grazing the fall green up of cool season grasses.
- Help with Plugged CombinesTricks to un-stuff stuffed combines.
- Managing Risk at the Bottom of the CycleManaging Risk at the Bottom of the Cycle
- Mega Millions and MarketsThere was a lot of buzz on Friday about the Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries, with the pot for the latter reaching $1 billion. The odds of winning the Mega Millions lottery are 302 million to 1, defined by the number of ball combinations. The formula was tweaked a year ago to generate more smal […]