May 25, 2018 – Helena Bottemiller Evich The organic industry, which has long worked closely with USDA, is searching for ways to navigate a shifting regulatory landscape after suffering a series of losses […]
AG Central News!
May 25, 2018 – Bryce Anderson The harsh drought over the southwestern U.S. is expected to last through most of the summer. That’s the forecast from a drought and forecast update webinar held […]
May 24, 2018 – By Bob Mercer, Public Opinion Capitol Bureau Candidates Dusty Johnson, Shantel Krebs and Neal Tapio stood before the cameras of South Dakota Public Television for a debate Thursday. […]
May 24, 2018 ST. PAUL — Gov. Mark Dayton has signed an emergency order aimed at getting fertilizer to Minnesota farmers during the delayed planting season. Dayton signed an order May 16 easing restrictions on […]
May 24, 2018 11:01 AM – Jim Dickrell Calves with respiratory issues in the first eight weeks of life are able to survive to adulthood, but those lung issues do lead to […]
MAY 24, 2018 12:43 PM – By Anna-Lisa Laca President Trump cancelled his June 12 meeting with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un on Thursday, potentially threatening the pending trade negotiations between the U.S. […]
MAY 24, 2018 – BY: MIKE OPPERMAN A USDA statement today vowed to modernize the H-2A worker program to “reduce cumbersome bureaucracy and ensure adequate protection for U.S. workers.” “The Trump Administration is committed […]
May 24, 2018 11:11 AM – John Maday Because of its similarity to Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE), concerns have lingered that chronic wasting disease (CWD) in deer and other cervids could eventually could […]
May 24, 2018 08:24 AM – Hannah Thompson-Weeman Editor’s Note: Hannah Thompson-Weeman is Communications Director at the Animal Agriculture Alliance. The opinions in this commentary are expressly those of the author. I’ve […]
May 24, 2018 04:46 PM – Tom Karst Trump administration officials with the departments of State, Agriculture, Labor, and Homeland Security have vowed to modernize the H-2A agricultural guest worker visa program. Stating […]
- WIC Program Announces New Eligibility Income LevelsIncome eligibility guidelines for the North Dakota Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) have increased.
- Bulls May Fail Breeding Soundness ExamsSome cattle producers may be frustrated with breeding soundness exams in bulls this spring.
- Burgum Highlights Oil Industry Resurgence, N.D. Workforce NeedsGov.
- Ecolab's New Program Provides Warewashing for RestaurantsChanging food preferences and increasing costs are driving restaurateurs to reexamine every aspect of their operations.
- Minnesota Sesquicentennial Farms RecognizedThe Minnesota Farm Bureau is pleased to recognize 38 recipients of the Sesquicentennial Farm award for 2018.
- USDA Invests $1.4 Million in Minnesota Rural Water InfrastructureUSDA Rural Development State Director Brad Finstad announced that the U.
- Farber Center Ready for South Dakota Girls StateThe W.
- Expo Offers Information on ManureNorth Dakota livestock producers and custom animal manure applicators will have a chance to improve their knowledge of manure nutrient use during the 2018 North American Manure Expo.
- There's Something for Everyone at Dairy Fest 2018SDSU Extension, area dairy producers and dairy industry personnel invite the public to enjoy free family events during Dairy Fest 2018 held in Brookings June 2 at the Swiftel Center (824 32nd Ave).