U.S. Grains Council The close proximity of Central American markets facilitates the movement of U.S. agricultural goods, while the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA-DR) has provided price market advantages, as highlighted in […]
AG Central News!
NDSU Extension Service North Dakota’s drought-stressed pastures, especially pastures stressed during the fall of 2017, should receive special care this spring to help them recover from the drought, North Dakota State University Extension […]
Kris Ringwall, NDSU Extension Beef Specialist Good cow body condition is the precursor for a successful calving and rebreeding season. This year’s discussion actually started prior to bull turnout last year. Maintaining good […]
North Dakota Farm Bureau NDFB Week, March 11-17, 2018, was celebrated throughout the state with activities hosted by county Farm Bureaus, along with a statewide drawing contest for fourth and fifth-grade students. The […]
National Young Farmers Coalition WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 14, 2018) – The National Young Farmers Coalition (NYFC) applauds the introduction of a bipartisan bill (HR 5259) that would provide critical resources for farmers experiencing […]
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association WASHINGTON (March 14, 2018) – The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) today applauded the introduction of bipartisan legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives that would prevent 200,000 farms […]
South Dakota Department of Agriculture PIERRE, S.D. –The South Dakota Department of Agriculture (SDDA) announces that funds are available for Specialty Crop Block Grants. The funds can be used for marketing, promotion, research, […]
North Dakota Soybean Council FARGO, ND — The North Dakota Soybean Council (NDSC) is looking for soybean farmers interested in filling one of North Dakota’s three director positions with the United Soybean Board […]
Heitkamp’s Bipartisan Bill to Boost Economic Growth and Protect Consumers in Rural America Passes U.S. Senate
From the office U.S. Senator (N.D.) Heidi Heitkamp WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp today announced that her bipartisan bill to boost economic growth in rural communities and protect North Dakota consumers […]
From the office of U.S. Senator (N.D.) John Hoeven WASHINGTON – Senator John Hoeven today released the following statement after the U.S. Senate passed legislation to rename the Red River Valley Agricultural Research […]
- Introducing The Annex by Ardent MillsArdent Mills, North America's leading flour supplier and grain innovator, has announced the launch of a new business unit, The Annex by Ardent Mills, dedicated to exploring and providing food companies and foodservice operators with "next" grains and unique plant-based ingredients.
- U.S. Senate Bill Honors Ed SchaferSenator John Hoeven Thursday released the following statement after the U.
- Full Steam Ahead - AlmostWhen Mark Johnson began his career with the University of North Dakota Facilities as a locksmith back in 1985, he didn't pay much attention to the sky-high smokestack to the south side of campus.
- Turn in Poachers Names Duncan Officer of YearTurn in Poachers has named Kipp Duncan, a Minnesota Department of Natural Resources conservation officer who patrols the Duluth area, as its 2017 Joe Alexander Conservation Officer of the Year.
- Why Are There Regulations on Manure Use for Food Safety?We all want assurance that the food we eat is safe.
- Progress Report: NRRI Mining and Water Innovation InitiativeThe Natural Resources Research Institute (NRRI) received $2.
- 'Women Involved in Agriculture' at Plankinton April 3If you're a woman involved in the agriculture industry, then Annie's Project may be the program for you.
- Insecticide Safety: How to Prevent Unnecessary ExposureInsecticide applications occur year-round to manage insect pests that would otherwise reduce crop yields, damage stored grain or infest houses and other structures.
- Governors Urge Trump to Reject RFS-Weakening ProposalsIowa Gov.
- Planter Prep TricksTips to help smooth planter repairs and maintenance.
- That Pesky Time ChangeI’m not sure about you, but Daylight Savings Time always gets me. It takes me a few days to get use to getting up an hour earlier than I did a few days prior, with the same being said about going to bed. It’s only an hour, right?! Well it’s Friday and I’m still tired! […]
- Tailgate Talk - Early Spring 2018Tailgate Talk - Early Spring 2018